Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer goings-on

This summer has had it's share of fun and rest. It's just about a good time for school to be starting up again :-) but we have been enjoying ourselves. Couple of weeks ago we went camping near Breckenridge with our good friends the Marshall's and the Lip's. Of course, I didn't get any good pictures of the family all together but we did have lots of fun. Aaron, Matt and Paul caught lots of fish, the kids explored the area and we made some yummy camp food. The weather was perfect and the company was superb.

This is a picture of what our Saturday mornings generally look like. Aaron and I are quickly kicked out of our bed and the kids take over for cartoon time. It's next to impossible to remove them for chore time. Why would you want to leave?

A couple of weeks ago we took our annual family pictures. Still trying to edit them but I thought I would share one that the kids really liked. It was Brennen's idea to climb up on the tree branch. The younger kids were a little nervous about sitting there 4 feet above the ground but Brennen and Jenna helped them feel safer. It's pretty cute. Thank goodness for photo shop and decent digital cameras. Saves tons of money on family photos!



Last night we had a great party in the back yard. We called it our Pioneer Day/Hawaiian party! What a theme! Brennen made a great poster directing our guests to the back yard and we all got a lei. Aaron manned the BBQ and everyone brought something to share. I think the kids had fun although we did get a few bumps and bruises. Our great friend, Bryce Jackman, surprised us with his juggling with fire act. Brennen got to participate and thought it was totally cool (or hot depending how you look at it). We are just really blessed with amazing friends and appreciate all of them so much. Thanks everybody!


Last but not least, I need to include a shot of Kaitlyn. Last Sunday she came to me and said "Look mom, I got myself ready for church!" and indeed she had. Not what I would choose but pretty good for a 3 year old. Shoes were on the wrong feet but she did get her tights on (forgot the underwear though). She knew she needed a skirt too. We were quite proud of her and she was more then happy to show off her accomplishment. Good job Kait!
TA-DA!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love your family! We are so thankful for you!

Camping was a BLAST! and the kids want to go again real soon. Last night was so fun - I totally enjoyed relaxing by the hedge in your beautiful backyard. It's like I was actually in Hawaii! Thanks for the fun!